Waiting on Wednesday

[singlepic id=200 w=520 h=440 float=center]

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine featuring books that we crave slash drool over but haven’t been published yet.

[singlepic id=330 w=520 h=440 float=left]

Title: Incarnation by  Emma Cornwell

Publish date: September  18 , 2012

Publisher: Gallery Books

Genre: Steampunk

Format: Paperback

Pages: 382

Add  to Goodreads

In the steampunk world of Victorian London, Lucy Weston, a character in Dracula, seeks out Bram Stoker to discover why he lied about her in his popular novel.

With Stoker’s reluctant help, she tracks the creature who transformed her from the sensual underworld where humans vie to become vampires to a hidden cell beneath a temple to madness and finally into the glittering Crystal Palace where death reigns supreme. Haunted by fragmentary memories of her lost life and love, Lucy battles her thirst for blood as she struggles to stop a catastrophic war that will doom vampires and humans alike. Ultimately, she makes a choice that illuminates for her–and for us–the true nature of what it means to be human.

Reason: I love the idea of a different take on the Bram Stoker Dracula story told from Lucy’s point of view I can’t wait to sink my teeth (I made a pun, lol )  into this one.

Desperatly Wanting Wednesday, hosted by Parajunkee's View

Independent Book Blogger Awards

Vote for this blog for the Independent Book Blogger Awards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 Comments on Waiting on Wednesday

1. Patricia
    April 18, 2012 at 9:53 am (2 years ago)

I’m very curious about this book, and pretty much for the same reasons, but I don’t like the cover at all. The model looks like the actress that plays Serena on Gossip Girl, and I just can’t stand that face LOL

Patricia // My WOW

2. The Muggle
    April 18, 2012 at 10:02 am (2 years ago)

Oooh great pick! I like the sound of it.
    Happy Wednesday :)

My WoW
    The Muggle

3. fakesteph
    April 18, 2012 at 11:32 am (2 years ago)

This one sounds amazing! Thank you for posting about it, because this is the first time I’ve seen it and I totally want new versions of Dracula!

4. Jessica
    April 18, 2012 at 2:43 pm (2 years ago)

Ooooh that one looks so good! I’ve been wanting to get into steampunk for a while now and this looks like a great one to start with. Great pick :)

Here’s my WoW!

5. Jessica@a GREAT read
    April 18, 2012 at 3:27 pm (2 years ago)

Oh that sounds awesome!! Saw this cover, but didn’t really read the cover description! But the first sentence has me hooked!

Here’s my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

6. lovestoread0708
    April 18, 2012 at 3:52 pm (2 years ago)

This doesn’t sound like a book I would read but I love the cover. It’s gorgeous!!

Thank you for stopping by my WoW post and commenting! =)