Waiting On Wednesday

waiting+on+wednesday+new

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, showcasing books we are eagerly awaiting publication.

side_effects_may_vary

Title: Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy

Published: March 18, 2014

Publisher: Harper Collins / Balzer + Bray

Genre: Contemporary Fiction

Format: Hardcover

Pages: 336

goodreads-badge-add-plus-2d25bb0f32eeac8660c13a521cf00c8e

What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you?  When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit.

She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission.

Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most?

Julie Murphy’s SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY is a fearless and moving tour de force about love, life, and facing your own mortality.

Reason – I like the premises.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

11 Comments on Waiting On Wednesday

1. Melissa T
    March 5, 2014 at 2:23 am (9 months ago)

Nice pick this is on my list of books i want to read as well. Check out my W.O.W if you want
    Melissa T recently posted..Waiting on Wednesday (35)My Profile

• Sonya Stephen
      March 5, 2014 at 2:44 am (9 months ago)

Loved your choice I need to finish that series but so many books not enough hours in the day.Thanks for stopping by. Happy reading.

• Sonya Stephen
      March 5, 2014 at 3:39 am (9 months ago)

Awesome I look forward to reading your review, thanks for stopping by Michelle.
      Sonya Stephen recently posted..Waiting On WednesdayMy Profile

2. Poppy
    March 5, 2014 at 3:51 am (9 months ago)

I’m currently reading this but I’m not liking it very much. I thought it sounded like a funny TFIOS but this is yet to be proved. I’m only about 30 pages in though. Hope you enjoy it!

~Poppy Fairy
    Our WOW post
    Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies

3. Jessica@a GREAT read
    March 5, 2014 at 7:38 am (9 months ago)

Nice! Seeing a lot of this one around lately! Saw it on Netgalley too! Hope you love it once you read it!

Here’s my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

4. Tansie
    March 5, 2014 at 4:00 pm (9 months ago)

I’ve heard a lot about this book and it sounds really interesting. Awesome pick!! :)

My WoW